Winters are here and it's that time of the year again when we’re ready to put on the much-awaited winter looks we have been waiting for a long time. While you may have a firm grasp on the advanced layering techniques, how much do you know about the fabrics for cold weather that make up your winter clothing and outerwear?
Without any further delay, we have listed the best fabrics and materials to wear this winter that will keep you warm and comfortable during winter’s worst. Now, you can also buy wool online in India with Sahni Fabs which has made fabric shopping easy for all its customers.
- Wool - When we talk about fabrics for winter clothing, wool rules it all. Wool is a natural fiber that is obtained from sheep and boasts some amazing properties. Wool acts as a great insulator which means it keeps you warm in the harshest of weather. It also consists of high absorption properties so it can easily absorb sweat or water to keep you dry. Not only this, but it is also flame retardant, meaning it can easily block fire or won't catch fire.
- Velvet - There's one fabric that stands out in the entire list and it's Velvet. Velvet fabric is thick, soft, and warm, making it a perfect choice for winter garments. Another advantage of velvet is that it's stylish and elegant and can be worn at various formal events or wedding occasions. If you're looking for a fabric that is chic and keeps you warm, velvet is the right choice.
- Fleece - Fleece is the best alternative to wool because it’s soft, warm, and cost-efficient. It is made of polyester, synthetic material, and has decent drying properties to keep you dry if you’re out on a snowy day. Fleece is lightweight and fluffy to keep you from feeling heavy yet giving away a cozy vibe.
- Cotton - Many people might think, how can cotton fit into this list. Truth bomb, cotton is one of the best fabrics for winter. This fabric can be customized into a thin garment for summer or thick, so it can hold up the elements of winter. Cotton is durable, breathable and a great alternative for people who are allergic to wool. The only drawback of cotton is that it absorbs moisture and if you are in harsh winter conditions, better layer it up!
- Corduroy - Corduroy is one of the most fashionable fabrics of winter and those who love Corduroy can ace the look with nearly everything. The slightly thick and soft texture of corduroy makes it a perfect fabric for winter. Trousers and jackets made out of this fabric will keep you warm on the most chilly winter evenings. Corduroy is popularly used as outerwear like jackets or coats and is now available in various prints and designs.
- Flannel - Flannel has been an underrated fabric but in recent times, it has gained the popularity it deserves. Various brands have introduced flannel shirts, jackets, bedsheets, and whatnot. Flannel is a durable fabric that insulates well and can protect you from cold. The best part about it is that it can work both as an inner and outer layer.
We hope that with this article, we could help you with the best fabrics for winter. We've covered the fabrics so styling is now on you. If you're unsure of what fabric will go best with the outfit you have in your mind, Sahni Fabs is at your rescue. Check out the vast collection at our offline or online store and get it delivered to your doorstep.
Contact us today!